The process described in the linked article could be a good thing for D

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:32:36 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 23:02:54 UTC, forkit wrote:
> If it were me, I 'lead' by saying D3 will be @safe by default.
> Now, let's get to work on it.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I am trying to stress
isn't the scope I'm talking about: You can't coordinate an open
source project like this, it doesn't work. The overall strategy
isn't the issue, I want to improve the smaller things underneath
that. The apparatus for tracking smaller projects simply isn't
there.

Have you contributed to D? There is a huge amount of stuff at the
bottom of the stack that needs improving and tracking, the actual
design of the language is the easy part as far as I'm concerned.

Even ignoring that you're talking about a level of structure that
is probably impossible unless the D Foundation itself had a
significant number of full time employees, it's just not what I'm
talking about.