What makes a language popular - and how to manufacture D popularity

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Sat May 28 09:15:58 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 08:41:57 UTC, Jakob Jenkov wrote:
> I have followed parts of the thread "Why is D unpopular, redux"
> here on these forums,
> and decided to contribute my 5 cents on the matter.

what `D` lacks is `organization`. everyone fight for his own
`battle`.

We should `organize` the power of the `'community'` and make the
best use of `D programmers's free time` .
Even a `'loose'` organization is better than a `'completely
discrete'` organization.

We can `distribute` tasks to community members according to their
`abilities and priority`, and then they can obtain `material or
spiritual rewards`.
It is not necessary to limit the time to finish. However,
`implementor` should make a `progressbar` so that others can see
your progress.
In addition, D need to `investigate` the community and `'to-do'`
items, and then distribute `various tasks` to serve for the
existing `d programmers` first, and then try to make them bigger .
At least keep the existing community.
`D` community `members` should understand that `d` and `d
programmers are on the same boat`. Only `d` are getting better ,
can `d programmers` getting better , if `d` gets worse, and `d`
programmers can not get better.
  `'D'` must rely on the `community` and `trust` the community,And
we should give `great freedom` to `D` contributor.
And `D officials` only need to keep reviewing whether the
direction of `d` conforms to the principle of `'d'`.
If there are no `material rewards`, `spiritual rewards` can be
offered.
`Organization` is the `key factor` that determines the `success
or failure` of things.
This is especially true for the `language and ecology`.
In addition, Establish a good `'reward'` mechanism and `'dip'`
improvement mechanism, and how to judge the `'to do'` priority
mechanism,etc.