What makes a language popular - and how to manufacture D popularity

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Sat May 28 10:19:44 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 09:35:10 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
  The is no leadership, no vision, no work orders in
> order to make people know what to do, no design document
> describing to people what to do. In fact much of SW engineering
> is documenting the design, at least a comprehensive overview is
> a good start.
>
> Right now the D project is like a bunch of headless chickens.
> It's a text book case of diffusion of responsibility.

It's better now. There's a `monthly meeting` .
We should make it bigger .
Make a `three circle pattern` .
The first `circle` is the `core` .
The second is the `middle` and the third is the `outer circle`.
There should have a `'three cicle's'` flow mechanism.

In fact, most `'d'` programmers are willing to `contribute`.
Otherwise, they will not discuss `'d' issues` and `participate
in` 'dip' discussions.
They just don't know where to get the `task`.

Therefore, `d's` core circle should focus on the `future
development` of `'d'`, the `core implementation` , the `task
prioritization` , and such. the `middle` is responsible for the
implemention of `key features` and `bug fix` etc.The third
receives `various tasks` as required.

We should let these `"members"` of the `participating
communities` enjoy full respect .
We can continuously increase the `'voice(weight)'` of
participants according to their `'contributions'` .
`Labors` must be rewarded. Only in this way can we achieve a
`'positive cycle'`.
Of course, it would be better if there were appropriate
`'material'` rewards.