What makes a language popular - and how to manufacture D popularity

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat May 28 11:25:06 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 10:51:57 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> We're also working on migrating critical ecosystem services to
> the control of the foundation.

New information to me. What does that mean in practice and how
does it differ from
how it is today?

> I've mentioned most of this in meeting summaries here in the
> forums, particularly in the summaries of our monthly meetings.
> Please keep up with those if you want to stay abreast of what's
> going on before any announcements are made. This is the sort of
> stuff we discuss.

The summary of the monthly meetings is certainly an improvement
in order to communicate the status of the project.

> In short, we know there's a need for more management and
> guidance, and we are working to address it. It's going slowly
> because there are always a gazillion other things that need to
> be done, but it is going. You can expect the vision document
> before DConf, the services will hopefully be migrated by the
> end of the year, and the ecosystem team should be in place
> sometime early next year if not sooner.

One thing that people often, also in companies is to instate some
kind of system where people can work within. This is especially
important when you have a bunch of loosely connected people based
on voluntary work. In practice this means that you have a defined
number actions needed to be done for a certain task. For common
tasks these needs to be defined and communicated/documented.