What makes a language popular - and how to manufacture D popularity

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:38:06 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 11:25:06 UTC, IGotD- wrote:

>> We're also working on migrating critical ecosystem services to
>> the control of the foundation.
>>

> New information to me. What does that mean in practice and how
> does it differ from
> how it is today?

Currently services like code.dlang.org, forum.dlang.org,
run.dlang.io, etc., are managed independently by one or maybe two
people. Bringing them under foundation control means the
foundation pays for them and we have multiple admins available
for all of the services, more easily managed under one roof.