Why is D unpopular, redux.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:21:30 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 09:18:02 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 08:18:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> like dancing with handcuffs.
>
> It means `too much` trouble.

Ok, I misunderstood. I think proper tuples that can hold both
types and values is the best approach, then add operators on
tuples. C++ and D got it wrong by having some weird special cases
for parameters, which is just annoying. Cannot be fixed for C++,
but it is fixable for D.

Solid and generally useful tuples is the only basic feature D is
missing (and move semantics, but not sure if that qualifies as
basic).