Why is D unpopular, redux.

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat May 28 17:32:04 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 08:18:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 06:17:56 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> No `...` for me is like dancing with handcuffs.
>
> Never heard that expression, is it Chinese?
>
>> you don't understand the beauty of `(...) and (...,...) etc`.
>
> Ok, but I don’t think D will add folding over the
> comma-operator like C++. Also, you can implement you own fold
> in D.
>
> Have you looked at Haskell? It has some of that beauty of
> dancing with handcuffs.

Folding in C++ is a way to escape from the recursive template
parameter parsing which is in my opinion one of the most horrific
things in C++ there is.

Folding in C++ is perhaps "powerful" but at the same time
unreadable.

D doesn't need folding and should use compile time for loops
instead which is much more readable.