Why is D unpopular?

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon May 30 11:14:21 UTC 2022

On Monday, 30 May 2022 at 09:59:31 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> Yes, that juxtaposition was unfair, let's soften it up:
>
> - We need something unique, just like Rust
> - DIP1000
> - We don't need DIP1000, it is too much like Rust
> - DIP1000 isn't good enough, let us replicate Rust
> - Why are so many features incomplete?

I agree with this and I dislike the trend with increasing
mandatory usage of attributes/badging. If you like that you are
probably already using Rust.

C# has shown that you can keep the badging to a minimal. It's the
ease of use D should work towards.
For those who like overcomplicated languages, there are several
that offer that.