Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:28:54 UTC 2022

On Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:14:21 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> C# has shown that you can keep the badging to a minimal. It's
> the ease of use D should work towards.
> For those who like overcomplicated languages, there are several
> that offer that.

Yes, I started to look at D 15 years ago because I wanted
something simpler and more productive than C++.

D is quite close all it needs is:

- smart, non-intrusive memory management that is non-blocking
- some makeup on syntax
- complete some features (like alias)

How that is done is less important as long as it is simple and
clean. The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence,
and all that…