Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:45:31 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 08:27:17 UTC, forkit wrote:

Also, I've used C# for 22 years now.

The primary reason I like using it, is because I only ever have
to work with one compiler. I'm not against multiple compilers, as
I've already stated. But I like the assurance of only ever
needing to use one compiler (particulary in a business
environment where business like expectations exist around
support, maintenance etc).

Now if I'm the only one in the world who feels that way, I'd be
suprised.

When I see a language the explicately sprouts how many compilers
it has, I get a little concerned, due to my experience with C.

Just 'the perception' (the reality might be different) that I
might have to deal with 'implementation defined' behaviour in D's
various compilers, is enough to trigger PTSD.