Looking for a new maintainer for std.uni/std.regex

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:01:02 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 10:22:17 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> Hey,
>
> As you know, I'm currently working on the table generator
> trying to get that into Phobos, and its been a fair amount of
> work for what should have already been working (oh wells).

Totally understand the feeling. Keep in mind that I'm in the same
position today.

> I did have to recreate some logic for the symbols
> toUpperSimpleIndex and friends.

When I tried to restore tables before I opted to remove them, not
sure if it was the right move.
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/7469

> My general feeling is I'm missing something as I'm getting:
>
> https://dev.azure.com/dlanguage/Phobos/_build/results?buildId=33558&view=logs&j=4fbced83-508e-5fe0-c978-5c71ec0fc506&t=efea9dc6-8b7a-5cfd-995a-4727b0e8449d&l=4640

Cannot easily decipher what's blowing up there. Seems to be this:

  Error: `assert(cmp(s2, "I i\xcc\x87") == 0)` failed

I'm missing the context but it looks like this uses title case
tables which are not the same as simple case folding, but since
you didn't fiddle with title case that would be strange to break.

> I did that logic by hand, I'm pretty certain it should be
> working, my suspicion is you had it do the decomposing as well.
> I could do with some pointers on what is probably missing for
> #12455 as those changes never made it into the repo for the
> generator.

So the issue with simple case folding vs full case folding.
Simple case folding is used mostly in sicmp (simple insensitive
cmp) so should be well confined.

In any case I'm happy to help with restoring the generator, could
you point me to your repo so I can help you figure out what might
be missing?