Looking for a new maintainer for std.uni/std.regex

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Nov 1 11:11:05 UTC 2022

On 02/11/2022 12:01 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 10:22:17 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> As you know, I'm currently working on the table generator trying to
>> get that into Phobos, and its been a fair amount of work for what
>> should have already been working (oh wells).
>>

> Totally understand the feeling. Keep in mind that I'm in the same
> position today.

I chose not to raise it with you because 2014 was a long time ago, no
chance you still have it ;)

But I am on my second day, so I'm hoping you'll at least know what I
need to do.

>> I did have to recreate some logic for the symbols toUpperSimpleIndex
>> and friends.
>
> When I tried to restore tables before I opted to remove them, not sure
> if it was the right move. https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/7469
>

>> My general feeling is I'm missing something as I'm getting:
>>
>> https://dev.azure.com/dlanguage/Phobos/_build/results?buildId=33558&view=logs&j=4fbced83-508e-5fe0-c978-5c71ec0fc506&t=efea9dc6-8b7a-5cfd-995a-4727b0e8449d&l=4640
>>

> Cannot easily decipher what's blowing up there. Seems to be this:
>
>   Error: `assert(cmp(s2, "I i\xcc\x87") == 0)` failed
>
> I'm missing the context but it looks like this uses title case tables
> which are not the same as simple case folding, but since you didn't
> fiddle with title case that would be strange to break.

Yes this has something to do with casing, rather than case folding. It
does need SpecialCasing.txt. The check in question shouldn't have
anything to do with case folding as it is ``cmp``.

https://github.com/rikkimax/phobos/blob/unicode_tables/std/internal/unicode_table_generator.d#L575

https://github.com/rikkimax/phobos/blob/unicode_tables/std/internal/unicode_table_generator.d#L868