Is D really that bad?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:38:13 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 13:23:53 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 13:08:30 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> D is a community project after all. If we want it to thrive we
>> must all contribute, even just a little.
>
> You need to have a plan and fix the process before you try to
> fix other things. If you don't have a plan and don't have a
> process that backs up that plan then you just get to fix
> inconveniences (which I am sure people who already has adopted
> the language appreciate) but you don't get to position yourself
> in the market.
>
> Asking people to do "something" or "more" without a realistic
> plan and a process does not make much sense to me.

If you (or anyone else) would like to propose improvements to D's
process, you can email Mike Parker and request an opportunity to
discuss them at one of the D foundation's monthly meetings.

You may also wish to join forces with Mathias Lang, the author of
the governance proposal discussed by the D foundation last year.
[1]

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/rdqskizblbcdtahlxxsm@forum.dlang.org