Why is D's GC slower than GO's?

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Wed Nov 2 15:53:30 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 20:47:23 UTC, Don Allen wrote:

> I think a number of people complaining about aspects of D, real
> and imagined, should be made familiar with de Raadt's Law. They
> also should be reminded that this is an open source project,
> available to all of us free of charge. You can't behave like an
> aggrieved paying customer in this circumstance. The project was
> started by Walter and he continues to be the leader and major
> contributor. D would not exist without him. We are his
> beneficiaries. Those who have complaints, and especially those
> who state them rudely but don't contribute code because they
> don't "have the spare time" or just want someone else to do the
> work they won't, should not be taken seriously.

+1
Just ban the offending trolls from using this forum.
We have endured 10 years of trolling, and the more D gets popular
the worse it becomes.
This is limiting the size of this community.
Just use the ban hammer.
Threads like that, that end up on HN with a negative title, are a
huge waste of core people's time. Nothing gets out of it.