Why is D's GC slower than GO's?

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:37:59 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at 15:53:30 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 20:47:23 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
>>
>> I think a number of people complaining about aspects of D,
>> real and imagined, should be made familiar with de Raadt's
>> Law. They also should be reminded that this is an open source
>> project, available to all of us free of charge. You can't
>> behave like an aggrieved paying customer in this circumstance.
>> The project was started by Walter and he continues to be the
>> leader and major contributor. D would not exist without him.
>> We are his beneficiaries. Those who have complaints, and
>> especially those who state them rudely but don't contribute
>> code because they don't "have the spare time" or just want
>> someone else to do the work they won't, should not be taken
>> seriously.
>
> +1
> Just ban the offending trolls from using this forum.
> We have endured 10 years of trolling, and the more D gets
> popular the worse it becomes.
> This is limiting the size of this community.
> Just use the ban hammer.
> Threads like that, that end up on HN with a negative title, are
> a huge waste of core people's time. Nothing gets out of it.

Well said. Sometimes it feels like some individuals want D to
fail for some reason, I don't know why. I made this thread (at
least tried) to point out that D is actually good, and you can
use it, today.

Let's stop complaining and focus instead on making things better
and keep improving D.

It doesn't need to be big to count, just anything. Update the
wiki, fix a spelling error, make sure information is up to date.
Everything is valuable. Also, please try look at what the
leadership is trying to do, and not just what they haven't done.
They deserve way more appreciation, it's many hours of work and
doesn't happen by itself.