Is D really that bad?

Jordan Wilson wilsonjord at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:23:53 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at 20:13:59 UTC, UmmReally wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at 18:02:11 UTC, Ali Çehreli
> wrote:
>> On 11/2/22 00:19, UmmReally wrote:
>> > [...]
>> brotown.
>> > [...]
>> not
>> > [...]
>>
>> A workaround is for a real problem not for an imagined one.
>>
>> Besides, it is not good style to still complain about
>> "official D" if you are happy with your fork.
>>
>> > [...]
>>
>> Because monkey see monkey do.
>>
>> > [...]
>> private member
>> > [...]
>>
>> That kind of thought comes from cargo cult. Your
>> interpretation of "cannot" shows a misunderstanding: D's
>> choice is by design.
>>
>> > [...]
>> that bad!
>>
>> Then forkit!
>>
>> > [...]
>>
>> Just don't continue trolling then. Be grateful.
>>
>> > [...]
>>
>> There is only one definition left then: trolling.
>>
>> > [...]
>> else work (to
>> > [...]
>>
>> I am not jealous. Email me when private-to-class will ever be
>> really useful to you.
>>
>> Ali
>
> You always accuse people of trolling for some reason??
>
> I understand group/tribal psychology very well, so i can excuse
> you're comments.
>
> But for the record, my post clearly states it was not a
> complaint, that I was expressing an opionion in relation to the
> topic of this thread, and that I am grateful for being able to
> build (fork) on someone elses work.
>
> So go ahead. Highjack my comment and make me out to be a troll.
>
> But you only make yourself, and the D 'tribe', look bad when
> you do so.
>
> The topic of the thread is 'Is D really that bad' (not 'Express
> and opinion so we can call you a troll').

The statement that D is a "complete joke" and "YES 'offical' D
really IS that bad" due to D's module level encapsulation is
quite extreme to the point where one can reasonably wonder if it
is indeed trolling, particular if combined with mild mockery
("he'll consider it...but 'private to the class'...never!"), and
in light of previous history of communications (even Username
choices).

Jordan