Does D have any political goals?

thebluepandabear therealbluepandabear at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:40:41 UTC 2022

On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 10:17:09 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> On Monday, 7 November 2022 at 05:30:20 UTC, thebluepandabear
> wrote:
>>
>> I am just here asking whether or not D will keep politics out
>> of programming, et cetera, and look -- if D is political then
>> I have absolutely no issue, in fact I respect this decision
>> completely. It's just that when politics gets involved in
>> programming it puts me off instantly, so that's why I asked.
>>

> The only politics we discuss here is the politics surrounding
> the D management (basically. how the D project should be
> govern). Almost all topics are technical about D and compiler
> technology.
>
> I been on the official rust forums as well like
> https://users.rust-lang.org/ and
> https://internals.rust-lang.org/ and to be honest I haven't
> seen anything political posts there.

Hey thanks so much for answering,

I also have not seen any political statements from Rust forums.
Most of it has been on their official Twitter page, at the start
of version release notes, and the community. Rust has also -
literally - stated that they are political in RustConf 2020. But
best be respectful and not get into it as I am aware that people
may have different opinions, my main question was whether D is
political, which I now believe is not the case.