Does D have any political goals?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Wed Nov 9 21:32:45 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 10:30:09PM +0000, thebluepandabear via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> As a sidenote, I believe that social issues are outside the scope of a
> programming language. People ought to understand that there is a time
> and a place. Posting about social justice issues in a programming
> community is just inappropriate in my opinion, especially when it
> comes to topics in which only one side of the political spectrum
> supports.

+1.  The D forums have been relatively free of politics thus far; let's
keep it that way.  The discussion on pronouns in this thread is straying
into dangerous territory, can we please nip it at the bud before it
turns into a flamewar?  It's bad enough that we have occasional
flamewars over technical issues; let's not have flamewars over offtopic
subjects too.

This sentence is false.