[OT] NSA guidance on software security

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 11:31:54 UTC 2022

On Friday, 11 November 2022 at 15:07:02 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> TL;DR; You can't really sell a half baked safety nowadays.
>
> I have been involved in high safety applications where human
> life is at risk.
> We use C and C++.
>
> The language is not what determines it, it is the tools,
> processes and organization.

If you are trying to say that the programming language choice is
irrelevant and replacing C/C++ with Rust or D won't improve
anything, then I respectfully disagree.

Of course it's possible to implement buggy code in D or Rust. And
correct code in C++. The other factors are surely important too
and the programming language alone is not a panacea. Still the
programming language choice affects the costs and risks.

Other than this, your comment didn't seem to contradict anything
that I said. If you think that it did, then please be more
specific.