Does D have any political goals?

Karmello Karmello.Kyzer at BasicMail.host
Mon Nov 14 20:01:21 UTC 2022

On Monday, 14 November 2022 at 19:17:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/14/2022 5:42 AM, Karmello wrote:
>> basically the leadership doesn't care about modernizing D
>
> ???

I should also point out that many other languages have the
problems I describe. Haskell is the only other language I can
think of that might be on the same level as D in terms of
language design but it too has stagnated the same approach was
taken. It may never had intended to be a mainstream language and
while it's a different flavor it is able to tackle very complex
problems due to it's type system. I can't same much about it
though since I don't use it due to basically it becoming defunct.
I'm not going to program in a text editor/word processor and I
want and IDE that is going to make my life easier not harder. I
want a language that helps me rather than wastes my time. MS does
the best job in these terms because it's languages is fairy
advanced, there is massive integration, and it has many tools
that help the programmer. There is more to a language than just
the language specs or compiler... as I've already pointed out,
python is actually a rather crappy language but I've programmed
much more in python than Haskell. Even though python doesn't have
much of an IDE, it's integration with VS and MS turning it in to
a .net language makes it much more useful.