Does D have any political goals?

thebluepandabear therealbluepandabear at protonmail.com
Wed Nov 16 00:52:41 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 00:28:08 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 November 2022 at 18:19:09 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 05:41:18PM +0000, Patrick Schluter via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>>> It's tuesday, aka as Groundhog Day. It had to happen, yet
>>> again the same old tired "D is doomed" because it does not
>>> conform exactly to whatever pet peeve the OP has.
>> [...]
>>
>> It's easy for anyone to say "if you want X to succeed, you
>> should have done Y" when they have never accomplished X
>> themselves.  Such words don't hold much weight, though.  I'd
>> lend much more credence if the person saying this has actually
>> accomplished X himself.

> I agree with this one hundred percent, all people do is
> complain. As a newcomer to D, I think it's a great language
> thus far. Just because there's a small ecosystem doesn't mean
> it's a bad language -- I'm also a young person myself and I
> actually found D to be a good alternative to Rust, what the
> person was saying was simply a generalization that had no
> merit. Not to mention the way he composed his message in
> certain parts seemed quite insulting to Walter.

Actually I do think the reason other languages like
Rust/Go/Python succeeded was -- not really because they are
better than D -- but because they are better at marketing
themselves, as in Rust's 'selling point' was that it was a memory
safe language. D itself is a good language but it simply needs
better marketing/selling point, but that's just my opinion on
this topic.