Does D have any political goals?

thebluepandabear therealbluepandabear at protonmail.com
Wed Nov 16 00:28:08 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 15 November 2022 at 18:19:09 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 05:41:18PM +0000, Patrick Schluter via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>> It's tuesday, aka as Groundhog Day. It had to happen, yet
>> again the same old tired "D is doomed" because it does not
>> conform exactly to whatever pet peeve the OP has.
> [...]
>
> It's easy for anyone to say "if you want X to succeed, you
> should have done Y" when they have never accomplished X
> themselves.  Such words don't hold much weight, though.  I'd
> lend much more credence if the person saying this has actually
> accomplished X himself.

I agree with this one hundred percent, all people do is complain.
As a newcomer to D, I think it's a great language thus far. Just
because there's a small ecosystem doesn't mean it's a bad
language -- I'm also a young person myself and I actually found D
to be a good alternative to Rust, what the person was saying was
simply a generalization that had no merit. Not to mention the way
he composed his message in certain parts seemed quite insulting
to Walter.