Does D have any political goals?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Wed Nov 16 07:27:13 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 00:25:24 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 November 2022 at 17:41:18 UTC, Patrick Schluter
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 14 November 2022 at 13:42:25 UTC, Karmello wrote:
>>
>> [snip Groundhog Day message ]
>>
>> It's tuesday, aka as Groundhog Day. It had to happen, yet
>> again the same old tired "D is doomed" because it does not
>> conform exactly to whatever pet peeve the OP has.
>>
>> That is the only "political" discussion that will appear with
>> regularity and it is annoying.
>
> What pet peeve do I have? The person who made that strange rant
> about D was not myself...

Sorry, with OP I meant the comment I had skipped just above (i.e.
the message from Karmello) not you. My bad. I shouldn't have used
OP as indeed it means something else, sorry for that.
Your question and your responses so far seemed very reasonable
and legit. My comment was only an expression of the frustration
that regularly every second week a thread appears here or in the
announce forum that will devolve in flame skirmishes (they rarely
reach flame war level) were old technical choices are discussed
to death (I don't give examples as else the skirmishes will
restart from here).