Synchronize D 2.101.0 release with tooling please

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:44:42 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 03:34:15 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:

> New D version released, and this post got ignored, as expected

No, it wasn't ignored. I think coordinating tooling with dmd
releases is a good idea and plan to bring it to our next monthly
meeting. There's just no way it could happen with this release
through. The release process was already well underway when you
posted this, and Iain Buclaw is managing it for the first time.
It was a bit late and a bit much to throw on him at the last
minute.

I'm highly confident I'll find general agreement on this in the
meeting. Then it will just be a matter of identifying all of the
tooling projects we need to keep in sync, who to coordinate with
to make it happen, how to make it happen, etc. I see this as the
sort of thing that would fall under the purview of the ecosystem
management team once we get the ball rolling there.