Synchronize D 2.101.0 release with tooling please

Andrey Zherikov andrey.zherikov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:24:25 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 04:44:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 03:34:15 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>

>> New D version released, and this post got ignored, as expected
>
> No, it wasn't ignored. I think coordinating tooling with dmd
> releases is a good idea and plan to bring it to our next
> monthly meeting. There's just no way it could happen with this
> release through. The release process was already well underway
> when you posted this, and Iain Buclaw is managing it for the
> first time. It was a bit late and a bit much to throw on him at
> the last minute.
>
> I'm highly confident I'll find general agreement on this in the
> meeting. Then it will just be a matter of identifying all of
> the tooling projects we need to keep in sync, who to coordinate
> with to make it happen, how to make it happen, etc. I see this
> as the sort of thing that would fall under the purview of the
> ecosystem management team once we get the ball rolling there.

I believe we should "synchronize" compiler release with essential
packages (like vibe, mir, arsd-official etc) as well. I mean we
should ensure that these packages won't break after compiler
release.

This together with tooling will shape D managed ecosystem which I
believe everyone will benefit from.