Does D have any political goals?

An Actual Human Being asif at dlang.org
Wed Nov 16 20:24:17 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 19:46:55 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 17:52:41 UTC, Karmello wrote:
>> On Monday, 14 November 2022 at 22:35:50 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>>

>> I'm looking 10-20-30 years in the future, you are looking at
>> next month.
>
> We old folks are so fortunate to have your participation in
> this forum, to help free us, doddering old fools that we are,
> of our interest in cars and next month.
>
> I'm being sarcastic, of course (I feel a need to explain this
> to you), because your posts are so obnoxiously know-it-all. I
> don't understand why you are even here. If Rust et al are the
> future and D has it all wrong (according to you) why don't you
> use Rust and inflict your views on their forum?
>
> I realize that I am here violating my own plea for civility in
> this forum. But I have my own limits and this guy is well
> beyond them.

What's actually wrong with you all?

People here share their experience with this community and you
have nothing better to do than to shit on them and laugh it of.
That's actually the thing being criticized here.

Grow up and take on all the criticism and do something about it.
That's a totally reasonable thing to expect.

But if this community is as toxic as it seems nobody wants to be
part of it. Luna was right, people use D "despite" "its community
and leadership".

And no, you "we are not political" dudes are not apolitical. You
are political and you share in the broad public your politically
views: being a total asshole and bigots to people having made bad
experiences and totally ignore people in help of being
marginalized.

The only "apolitical" way of dealing with this is to listen and
to not assume anything. Listen to what the people have to say and
change something. Turn this community into an actual helpful and
welcoming and stop with this "but this is non technical" bs.
Everybody knows this term is only used to shut up opinions you
don't care about and it always shows that people using them are
the most unlikable beings I've ever encountered.

Having said that, I hope you'll also become actual human beings
in the future.

Thanks for listening

An Actual Human Being.