Compiling D files on Windows

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:12:32 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 22:02:41 UTC, Larry Hemsley
wrote:
> Obviously, because gdb expects
> code view style debug symbols to be embedded in the executable.

Are you sure about that? I thought gdb expected the dwarf format
even on windows.

> I do know that cl.exe does have a compiler
> switch for this, but I do not know if dmd calls cl.exe to do the
> linking. From the verbose output it looks like dmd calls the
> Windows native linker directly.

Maybe try running cl with its verbose output and see how it calls
the linker, the switch should be there passed to the linker
somehow then you can have dmd pass it too with the -L switch.