Proposed strategy to support WASM in D

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 02:00:40 UTC 2022

On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 00:55:57 UTC, AnimusPEXUS wrote:
> vvv
> so basically, the main problem now in literally is to write
> WebAssembly version of druntime. gluing it to js is not so
> problematic.
> ^^^

I took Sebastiaan's thing from two years ago and applied it to
new druntime here:

https://github.com/adamdruppe/dmd/tree/wasm

I haven't tried actually compiling it yet though, I've been
pretty swamped with work lately. When the new ldc comes out, I'll
get Sebastiaan's documentation together and give it a try.

> interact with the system, so WASI, probably should be separate
> version of druntime - separate from WebAssembly(64)

WebAssembly is a kind of CPU and WASI is a kind of C library.

So it should be two separate versions kinda like how there's
version(X86) and version(Windows) and version(CRuntime_Microsoft)
all independent (though often used together you don't have to).