Proposed strategy to support WASM in D

AnimusPEXUS animuspexus at protonmail.com
Thu Nov 24 20:22:43 UTC 2022

On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 02:00:40 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 18 November 2022 at 00:55:57 UTC, AnimusPEXUS wrote:
>
> I took Sebastiaan's thing from two years ago and applied it to
> new druntime here:
>
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/dmd/tree/wasm

Have question(s) on Sebastiaan's wasm.

1. Sebastiaan, does your wasm realization concentrates primarily
on wasi interfacing, or will it allows wasm usage in [wasm]+[js
glue] fashion?
2. if [wasm]+[js glue] fashion is not supported by Sebastiaan's
wasm realization, then I, I think need to concentrate on
[wasm]+[js glue] variant. so if this is the case, then how to
separate [wasm wasi] version from [wasm]+[js glue] version in
druntime.
3. if [wasm]+[js glue] doesn't have place in druntime, then how
to properly organize forking/patching of druntime?