Zig vs D generics

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:36:55 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 12 October 2022 at 17:19:57 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> The topic was why Apple ditch C++/LLVM and why it's being
> phased out as a language

This never happend. There is no point in propagating this
assumption. Let's stick to the facts:

https://jobs.apple.com/en-us/details/200310241/c-compiler-engineer

> Then you said some things about the future is JIT and GCs

I said that for the UI, scripting languages with JITs are
probably more suitable than C++ and similar languages. Which is a
historical evolution that follows the development of hardware.
This is just a reflection of reality. I am not talking about the
future. I am talking about the past and the present. This is not
a new trend.