A D vs. Rust example

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:19:13 UTC 2022

On Friday, 21 October 2022 at 07:37:41 UTC, Stefan Hertenberger
wrote:
> You don't need to reorder, just use references

First of all I don't use Rust, I took a look years ago and I
didn't like its syntax, so I don't know how someone could rewrite
the case presented in the original post.

But I think people are missing the point of Don Allen, he showed
a snipped code and its simplicity, and for it seems it's not easy
to do in some languages, at least without changing a lot.

For example, I wrote this a while ago: "The problem that took him
5 years to fix in C++, I solved in a minute with D".

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/oyfejgtjsupbdgckfdjz@forum.dlang.org

Matheus.