A D vs. Rust example

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 13:29:55 UTC 2022

On Friday, 21 October 2022 at 13:14:41 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> The only way out of this is that D is forked.

I don't think forking D is a going to work. I think the future of
D depends on how the foundation is structured and how it
operates. D needs a _strong_ and _inclusive_ organizer/leader to
head the foundation. Without such a person it will be difficult
to switch to a new gear. Finding such a leader would probably be
the single-most important thing that could happen.

(Right now I have some hope for Carbon as a C++ alternative, but
it is impossible to tell what Carbon will look like at this
point. Not even when it comes to basic things like integer math.
Carbon might be great, or it might not be great, or it might not
happen at all. We'll see in 5-10 years…)