C++ pattern matching is coming

zjh fqbqrr at 163.com
Wed Oct 26 00:53:26 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 25 October 2022 at 17:34:10 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:

>> I did not see a clean-cut language that got popular yet for
>> real use in a considerable amount of places. Namely,
>> compatibility is a feature. How deep is the big question and
>> the devil is in the details: source-compatible? API/ABI? Etc.
>> but throwing away and rewriting is not even realistic.
>
> It is fine, if you have high
compatibility with other
> languages, but I'm against it being a companion of another
> language, which implies that one without another cannot work.

Many people have studied `C++` for 10 years or 20 years.`C++`
comes out very early. There are many `C++` related libraries. The
latest`C++` is also good. It also has some functions and
convenience that `D` does not provide.
The same is true of `D`. `D` also has shortcomings, such as`
default` GC. For me, I can take the advantage of both. If
`C++`and `D` interact well, it is very convenient to pick the two
languages's advantage!
`C++` has a large user base. Many people start learning languages
from `C++`.
It is not difficult to switch from `C++` to `D`. The basic
concepts are similar.
Because many of the latest things in `C++` are already in `D`.
`D`,Being a `partner` language.
It is best to use `'C++' and 'D'` at the same time.