C++ pattern matching is coming

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 01:06:27 UTC 2022

On 10/25/22 17:53, zjh wrote:

 > `D` also has shortcomings, such as` default` GC.

What you mean is languages can have different features that a programmer
can see advantages to use at different parts of a program. I agree.

However, please note that "shortcoming" is purely a negative term, which
does not match reality: D's default GC happens to be a strength. I take
advantage of it in all of my programs.

I am saying the above with full understanding that there are programmers
out there who were educated in C++ circles and are sure that garbage
collectors are for inferior languages. That is a shortcoming of their
education.

Ali