Is D really that bad?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Oct 28 21:11:00 UTC 2022

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 08:41:13PM +0000, Ali via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> I dont know what is it exactly about D that drive so many people to
> have that much sympathy for it

Maybe, just maybe, D does a lot of things right, in spite of doing a few
things wrong (that people love to pick on and complain about)? ;-)

What I can't explain, though, is why people who purportedly hate D and
think it's DOA still linger around the D forums for some reason, and
spend a lot of time and energy writing about why D sux.  Instead of,
y'know, moving on to Rust and living happily ever after, or something.
What's keeping them here?  Maybe they secretly love D and just can't
admit it to themselves? :-P  OR maybe they just have too much time on
their hands that could have been spent, I dunno, writing Rust or
something.  Really makes one wonder why they aren't spending their time
writing code in a better (according to them) language rather than
complaining about a language they purportedly don't like, in a forum
dedicated to that language.  It's puzzling.

First Rule of History: History doesn't repeat itself -- historians merely repeat each other.