Why is D's GC slower than GO's?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 14:04:38 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 30 October 2022 at 13:33:21 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> I still think D as a language is superior. But a lot of the
> tooling around it needs some work.
>
> But imo it's worth fixing that because D could soon be popular
> again.

I haven't written a lot of Swift code, but I am not enthusiastic
about some of the stuff Apple have let it inherit from
Objective-C.

D also has baggage (e.g. @keywords) , so if by "fixing" you mean
streamlining then I would be hopeful. If there is no streamlining
involved then I would expect other languages willing to
streamline and clean up to trend.

I don't really think "it is just historical baggage" and "not
willing to break" will work out well in the long run, for any
language. This applies to any language that has not reached
critical mass, not only D.