Regarding the proposed Binray Literals Deprecation

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 20:10:12 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 10 September 2022 at 17:48:15 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> What's ironic about this discussion is the exact opposite
> happened with D bitfields.

C bitfields are legitimately *awful*. That discussion was about
that particular definition (or lack thereof), not the concept as
a whole.

Just like how C's octal literals suck but some octal literals are
ok, C's bitfields suck but other bitfields could do well.

This was actually going to be the topic of my blog this week but
i never got around to finishing it. The basic idea I'd like to
see though is that alignment, size, and layout are all defined in
a separately reflectable definition.