On the subject of an XML parser

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Wed Sep 14 02:00:04 UTC 2022

On Monday, 12 September 2022 at 09:29:11 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> It is now available:
>
>   https://code.dlang.org/packages/alid
>
> > (Aside: It actually makes a RandomAccessRange because it
> supports
> > opIndex as well but it does not honor O(1): It will grab 'n'
> elements if
> > you say myRange[n] and if those elements are not in the cache
> yet.)
>
> I realized that it is still O(1) because the seemingly
> unnecessarily grabbed elements would still count as "amortized"
> because they are readily available at O(1) for consumption of
> both this range and all its .save'd ranges.

Wow pretty slick, thanks!  I know everyone wants the D community
to be larger, but there are some advantages to a tight group.
Heck, I just got help on a ground support project from my
favorite computer textbook author.  Outstanding!

As soon as I get back around to working on that project again
I'll try out alid.  Neck deep in another sprint right now which
depends on dpq2.

Best,