Cppfront : A new syntax for C++

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sun Sep 18 15:16:20 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 18 September 2022 at 10:24:38 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> His CppCon talk.
>
> https://youtu.be/CzuR0Spm0nA
>
> The Atlantic Council report on the bill,
>
> https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/content-series/buying-down-risk/memory-safety/

A big part of the first section is some kind of political talk
how they use the strategy of early 1900 century communist
intellectuals in order to advance C++. Good indication that
something is not quite right.

Then I skimmed through Sutters CppFront presentation and quickly
realized that it doesn't help much at all. Rather I must learn
another syntax in addition to learning the vast C++ language. All
this time spent on trying "fix" C++, think what you could have
done with a new language or an existing sane one.

I have probably mentioned, if you see modern C++, don't walk
away, run away. Now it's more I need a really fast vehicle.

What's good is that the world has moved on and there are plenty
of alternatives and more a popping up all the time. There is no
excuse for using C++ anymore for new projects. Thank you for
giving us these jump scares now and then.