Weekly D updates 5th-12th August 2022

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:09:00 UTC 2022

On Monday, 19 September 2022 at 10:55:09 UTC, matheus wrote:
> When I see 9 "Won't Fix", it would be nice to see the list or
> the answers in why it was marked this way or the links in these
> updates if possible.

These posts are a poor imitation of the auto-generated report at
the top of my blog every week.

http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.html

so if you go down and find the date, i actually have links. So
this one is 9/12:

http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2022_09_12.html

If you click on the "bugs fixed", you'll get the list of ones
actually marked FIXED (I didn't think "invalid" and "won't fix"
were worth listing, but perhaps I should add them right to the
report, it might be interesting)

But anyway, the link is a bugzilla search and you can changed
FIXED at the very end of it to WONTFIX or INVALID to get those
lists for the same time period:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=RESOLVED&chfield=bug_status&chfieldfrom=2022-09-06&chfieldto=2022-09-12&chfieldvalue=RESOLVED&list_id=242107&query_format=advanced&resolution=WONTFIX

Most of those are pretty old as you can tell by the low id
numbers.

I sampled a few just now. Interestingly one is an enhancement
request with an attached PR with the last comment being: " Anyone
that wants to pick it up feel free to reopen or start a new PR
from scratch."

So... is WONTFIX an official declaration? If so, why would the PR
be allowed to be reopened?

Another one is about foreach range with index. Closed because you
can use `enumerate` instead. So unlikely to actually change there.

Another newer bug is about alias this and private, closed because
it is by design that you can't have a public alias to a private
member. Makes enough sense to go ahead and make it official that
this isn't going to change.

etc. but anyway with the link from my blog it is easy enough to
change the url to get the list at least.

i tend to post my blog late but it always auto-generates the same
timeframe.