D1.5 anyone?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:21:01 UTC 2023

I've often see people clamoring for D3 to set things right. But
me I want D1.5, I want to return to that simple and beautiful
language that was designed by Walter Bright.

Interestingly enough if we simple disable semantic check for
transitive qualifiers relegating them to pure annotations to be
used by lint tool we can get to basically where D1 was in 2007.
Why picking on transitive qualifiers, I explain in a new blog
post here:
https://olshansky.me/posts/d-biggest-mistake/

Thoughts? I'm going to do D1.5 for myself but wanted to know if
anyone feels the same.

---
Dmitry Olshansky