D1.5 anyone?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:08:33 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 12:21:01 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> Interestingly enough if we simple disable semantic check for
> transitive qualifiers relegating them to pure annotations to be

I've actually thought about making a `-betterD` switch that
disables most the annotations, turning them to no-ops.

But your first sentence:

> Make no mistake - thread-local by default is great!

Gonna go ahead and disagree with that, the thread local by
default I think is a mistake now. It causes as many problems as
it solves.

I'd suggest just making all the global variables need explicit
designation of shared or thread local.

> Unlike transitive const, shallow const (~ Java’s final)

You might recall that D used to have that back in the day!