version(number) is not completely useless

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Sun Apr 16 12:47:22 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 26 July 2022 at 19:25:14 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 July 2022 at 03:57:31 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Yes, the numbers are a failed idea of mine. I'd endorse
>> deprecating them.
>
> They are now deprecated:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14330

You misquoted, and debug(number) wasn't discussed. If
dependencies can't use numbers, it doesn't mean that nothing can
use numbers. All version statements don't work for dependencies,
because those can be compiled in a different way, which
manifested for phobos in practice. In case of debug statement it
can mean debugging fidelity, which is meaningful and can span
dependencies, if they are compiled with the same settings.