ImportC and #include files

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Apr 27 20:16:32 UTC 2023

It turns out that every platform we support has "Standard" .h files that won't
compile with Standard C11. They all rely on multiple extensions, each platform
with a different set of reliances (usually unnecessary).

We cannot fix those .h files, we can only fix #ImportC so they work. There has
been considerable progress on that front.

But I could use some help.

Try using ImportC on various popular C .h files on your platform. For the ones
that fail to compile, please find the offending few lines of code and post them
to bugzilla. (Just the error message and the name of the .h file is not enough,
several of this sort have been posted to bugzilla, but sadly I can do nothing
with them because I don't have those .h files.)

Of particular interest would be the Deimos project, as it would be good to make
Deimos obsolete.

Thanks! Every .h file we can make work makes ImportC that much more useful. It's
a high leverage activity for time invested.