D is our last hope

bachmeier no at spam.net
Mon Dec 11 19:46:03 UTC 2023

On Monday, 11 December 2023 at 18:28:10 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:

> Actually, having written D full time for over 2 years now (I
> chose D for my indie game stuff), I don't really see D
> excelling in pretty much anything. The only stuff where I'd
> barely consider using D now is its `betterC` stuff where it at
> least does as advertised, and even then getting C dependencies
> is problematic enough that I'd rather just use C in the first
> place.

I guess everyone has their own story, but it's hard to understand
what's difficult about using D to access C dependencies in 2023.
That's been my use case for a decade and I have no desire to move
to anything else. C compiler extensions and the preprocessor get
in the way from time to time, but you just have to deal with that
crap when you're working with C.