Looking for a Lua alternative

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:19:00 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 08:38:02 UTC, solidstate1991
wrote:
> I need a lightweight scripting language with integer support
> that is either easy to interface with D (preferrably as a
> DLL/SO file, so I don't have to deal with godawful C/C++ build
> systems), or at least would be easy to port within a few weeks.

Maybe a bit offtopic, but you may try webassembly interpreter,
then you'd not be limited to only one scripting language but have
available all languages that compile down to webassembly, and
have them sandboxed.

Although I've not used it, but wasm3 api seems simple to use (has
c/c++ api), though there are other libs as well.