Looking for a Lua alternative

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Sun Dec 17 21:33:59 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 09:19:00 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
wrote:
> Maybe a bit offtopic, but you may try webassembly interpreter,
> then you'd not be limited to only one scripting language but
> have available all languages that compile down to webassembly,
> and have them sandboxed.
>
> Although I've not used it, but wasm3 api seems simple to use
> (has c/c++ api), though there are other libs as well.

This made me look up some VMs as I want to examine all possible
options, and I remembered QScript, which itself has a VM more
active in development than QScript itself. I'll see if either can
write a modified Lua interpreter for it, or even just use QScript
itself (which is very not Lua-like, but maybe will work).