Looking for a Lua alternative

Ogi ogion.art at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:04:40 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 08:38:02 UTC, solidstate1991
wrote:
> I need a lightweight scripting language with integer support
> that is either easy to interface with D (preferrably as a
> DLL/SO file, so I don't have to deal with godawful C/C++ build
> systems), or at least would be easy to port within a few weeks.

[Squirrel](http://squirrel-lang.org/) comes to mind. It’s similar
to Lua but has a C-like syntax and some extra types and features.
It’s very lightweight; D bindings can be written in half an hour,
and the entire C++ code base is just 7k lines of code. Used in
some games by Valve.