D is our last hope

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Mon Dec 18 16:30:23 UTC 2023

On Monday, 18 December 2023 at 15:48:02 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
> On Monday, 18 December 2023 at 14:08:19 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>>> Also telling they get the job done "quietly", are you trying
>>> to hide the fact dlang is nearly dead
>>
>> It doesn't add anything to the conversation to make ridiculous
>> claims like this with no evidence. Calling D "nearly dead"
>> indicates you're not making a good faith effort to participate
>> in a discussion.
>
> I find it very funny how every time I ask anybody to show me
> any "real app" written in D (to prove that D isn't dead),
> nobody can do it. All I hear is "Symmetry this" and "Symmetry
> that". Sometimes DPlug comes by. But I still haven't seen any
> real life useful app being developed in D. Never. So it's
> always either Symmetry, either some rumors about some company
> allegedly using D back in 2015 to do something with no real
> proof that D is still there or it was used in the first place.

Here we go:
*) Vtube software - https://inochi2d.com/
*) Photo management software - https://aspect.bildhuus.com/
*) VST music things - https://www.auburnsounds.com/
*) OneDrive Linux client - https://abraunegg.github.io/
*) PasteBin "better" alternative - https://paste.myst.rs/

This is some big (with web-sites). Also Hipreme's game engine, a
lot of stuff from Adam.
A bit outdated, but still relevant project from Netflix
(vectorflow) and eBay(tsv-utils).