D is our last hope

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Dec 19 14:14:13 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 12:58:16 UTC, Dukc wrote:

> Exaggregating the failings of the language serves only to make
> people annoyed and hence defensive.

It's more than that though. There's a history of trolls coming on
here to post rubbish any time someone makes a good post about the
language. They wanted to be sure that if Google sent anyone here
they'd only see negatives, which for the most part were made up.
In this case, they're writing that the language is dead, and it
means something when that's posted on the official website of the
language.

If it were me, I'd just delete those posts and forget about
defending the right to free expression. The folks that make these
decisions don't agree with me that this vandalism does serious
damage.